Farm Management Services
Our Farm Management Department provides the resources necessary to make your farmland a profitable investment for you. As a partner, one of the greatest benefits you receive is our extensive knowledge of the agricultural climate. By choosing Edgar County Bank and Prospect Bank to manage your farmland, you are assured the day-to-day needs of your farm are taken care of and that your land remains a valuable resource for the future. Our Farm Management Specialists work with you to ensure we are meeting your individual goals while making sure you always receive close personal attention.
Our Promise to Each Farm Owner
- We always represent your interests in meeting your farm management goals and objectives.
- We always ensure you get the highest level of return while maintaining your asset and decreasing your loss.
- We always keep you abreast of the concepts of soil conservation and the overall maintenance of your farm.
- We always provide administrative assistance including accounting, record keeping, and compliance with government programs.
- Develop both annual and long-term plans for crop rotation, fertilizer and pest control
- Select and negotiate leases with farm tenant
- Supervise farm operations with field visits and review of farm records
- Collect rent and other income
- Pay expenses relating to the farm operation
- Negotiate with agriculture suppliers using combined buying power
- Evaluate and participate in USDA and Conservation programs
- Furnish statements and annual analysis of farm income and expenses
- Provide annual farm summary for tax return preparation
- Market crops
- Oversee construction or improvement projects
- Assist landowners in implementing estate planning
- Provide an unbiased overview of your farm